Thursday 12 April 2012

Easter or Not Easter

When is Easter not Easter? No it's not a trick question. 


While you were enjoying the additional days off here that come either side of Easter, I was on holiday in Moldova with my wife and Easter didn't happen. What? I hear you say. Well Moldova is a former Russian Republic so has predominantly a Russian Orthodox religious background - and the Russian Easter is this coming weekend. 

So either I have had no Easter or have I had two?

The other things I learned were that when England supporters go there for World Cup qualifying later this year, they will be surprised at how friendly the people are and the choice of food is good. I can recommend hotels and accommodation for anybody that wants to know. Remember though that I support Scotland!!! Honestly if anybody is going, we'd be happy to give them some advice.


But, and this is very very important. Moldova is a fantastic producer of wine. The climate is very supportive of that industry and is their greatest export activity. You'll find it difficult to get some in the UK though. Maybe me and Roksolana  should set up as an importer. If President Putin loves it, then I am sure you would. Honestly it was very very good.

Nonetheless, It was great to get away from the daily toll of job search for a short while. Admittedly I still did some work on it but not the daily grind like when at home. Now that I'm back, I'm refreshed and back at the coal face. Phone calls, emails, job searches and applications were all part of today. 

There are still a few people not available because of holidays but my search goes on. I've updated my Linked in profile and asked for connections to share it. So for my part I'm doing a lot. But I need to double and redouble my efforts if I'm to be successful. A few things are still on the go, but nothing is finished till the work is done.

Please feel free to contact me for any discussion on any role. Always happy to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN